Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Electrical Substation Learn More >>
Working at MKK
At MKK, your potential is limited only by your talents and ambitions. In consulting with our clients, you will gain the experience to excel in any area of MEP engineering or in one of our support areas.
No two career paths are the same. We provide the structure to ensure success and the flexibility to accommodate your needs. As a new hire, you would typically join MKK at a level that is commensurate with your academic qualifications and professional background. After gaining sufficient experience and expertise, your career path could lead to being a project leader, a team leader, a recognized technical/specialty expert, a member of the Corporate Executive Team, an Associate, and eventually even a Principal of the Company. At the same time, we understand that not everyone comes to MKK with the goal of becoming an owner.
Since MKK was founded, we have benefited from the skills and commitment of exceptional people. We continue to seek the best talent to consult more, consume less, and build on our story of success as we pursue our vision of high-performance focused on sustainable solutions.
Your own career success with MKK will depend in part upon the knowledge, skills and experience that you possess. However, we also seek certain common traits in our consultants that enable them to thrive.
We look for individuals who:
- are passionate and driven by internal motivation to conquer new challenges;
- seek and share knowledge generously;
- are able to establish new relationships and build strong relationships over a period of time;
- are flexible/adaptable to a constantly changing environment;
- are innovative and possess an entrepreneurial attitude;
- are honest, reliable, and fair; and
- have demonstrated a commitment to a high level of customer service.
Do you care enough about a client's problem to understand it? Can you persuade with facts and with empathy, and convert the energy of a disagreement into a productive solution? As engineering consultants, we see our teams as a means not only to solve problems but to provide leadership. At MKK, leadership is not tied to hierarchy or experience- your voice and ideas are valued regardless of your tenure. Your reward for arguing and implementing your ideas is the leader that you become in the process.
An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but in case it doesn't, we have you covered! Our competitive health package makes staying healthy affordable.
- Vision: Our vision plan provides affordable vision care for employees and their families. Coverage under the vision plan includes eye exams, lenses, frames or contact lenses, as well as a discount on LASIK procedures.
- Dental: Employees may choose coverage from either a dental discount plan or a traditional dental insurance plan to meet preventive, basic and major coverage needs.
- Life Insurance: Basic life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance of $50,000 is provided at no cost to employees. Additional life/AD&D coverage for the employee, the employee's spouse/domestic partner, and/or the employee's child(ren) is also available at group premium rates with guaranteed issue amounts regardless of health status.
Other great benefits include:
- Our office hours are Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30-11:30 a.m. - start your weekend early!
- Paid vacation & sick time plans; 7.5 paid holidays
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability (STD) w/tax-free benefit to employees
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability (LTD) w/tax-free benefit to employees
- Employee Assistance Program provided at no cost to employees
- Travel Emergency Assistance Program provided at no cost to employees
- Optional Pre-Paid Legal Services & ID Theft Protection at group rates
- Optional Accident/Critical Illness insurance coverage at group rates
- Optional Long-Term Care (LTC) insurance coverage for employees, spouses, parents, and other relatives at group rates
- Company-paid professional memberships
We also offer a Company-sponsored 401(k) Plan that allows employees to contribute a portion of their pay on a pre-tax basis to build up savings for retirement. Contributions can also be made to a ROTH 401(k) on an after-tax basis. Currently, we match employee contributions 50% on the first 4% that you contribute to the Plan.