Performance Based Design Services Creates Measurable Results
MKK’s consulting services consider the whole life cycle of a building – its design, construction, and operation. In order to optimize the building’s life cycle performance it’s important to start a project with measurable goals for energy, water, comfort and other important project objectives. A performance-oriented design process can iteratively use analysis to inform good design decisions that can meet the project’s performance goals. However, the performance loop is not closed until the goals are met in actual operation.
This is about getting real world results.
The MKK performance loop is the basis for our integrated sustainable design services and can be customized for any project.
- Develop critical performance goals for parameters such as energy use, water use, comfort, well-being and economics.
- Facilitate and/or participate in visioning and goal setting sessions with the project team.
- Develop measurable performance targets for parameters such as energy, water, comfort, well-being and economics.
- Determine the appropriate green building rating system and certification level that aligns with project objectives.
- Provide design guidance for site, massing, envelope, glazing, shading and passive strategies.
- Provide active system guidance and integration with in-house engineers for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, lighting and renewable energy.
- Develop visualizations to communicate sustainable design strategies and design concepts.
- Integrate building systems and passive strategies with the architectural design concepts.
- Utilize building performance simulation tools to analyze design solutions and enhance design decision-making.
- Provide rapid energy modeling to test and develop early design solutions.
- Provide whole building energy modeling to test and refine building design against performance targets.
- Develop life cycle cost analysis to demonstrate the business case for sustainable design solutions.
- Deploy sensors and advanced metering to track performance across parameters such as energy, water, IEQ and comfort.
- Analyze building performance data against calibrated operational energy model to assure performance or make adjustments to realign building performance toward targets.
- Engage and educate occupants and building operators.
- Validate economic savings and participate in incentive and rebate
Contact our Performance + Innovation Design Lead, Tom Hootman at email@example.com to discover how our innovative services can help you achieve measurable results.